What colours look best on me?
Have ever put on a blue coloured shirt and had people comment about your eyes standing out or conversely worn a orange shirt and looked into the mirror and thought you looked washed out?
It all comes down to your skin colour and the undertones.
There are 3 colour ranges broken down into 3 groups:
Cool (pink, red or bluish undertones)
Warm (yellow, peachy, golden undertones)
Neutral (a mix of warm and cool undertones)
Want to know what colours work best for YOU skin tone? Then take the tests below
Check Your Veins
Turn your hand over and look at the veins on the inside of your wrist. Are they blue or green? If they look more blue then you have cool undertones. If the veins look greenish, you have warm undertones. Some people have a mixture of both, green and blue veins which in that case means you are neutral undertones.
Think about whether you look better in silver or gold jewellery. Typically cool undertones look better in silver and platinum metals, and warm-toned look better in gold.
When you go out into the sun do you burn or tan easily? If you burn then you are cool toned and if you tan then you fit into warm toned group.
Use this as a guide. There’s no denying that certain colours will make you look better regardless of your skin’s undertone and if you LOVE wearing a certain colour then do.
Skin Tone NEUTRAL
- Green and blue veins on wrist
- Skin has both pink and golden undertone.
- Look good in both gold and silver jewellery.
- Can wear any of the spectrum of colour as pictured
Skin Tone WARM:
- Green veins on the wrist
- Skin has a yellow undertone or golden-olive undertone.
- Tan easily under the sun.
- Look better in gold jewellery & accessories
- Look best in the warm colours ( top half of the colour wheel)
Skin Tone COOL
- Blue veins on the wrist
- Skin has a little pink (rosiness) in their skin
- Burn in the sun
- Look good in silver jewellery & accessories
- Look best in cool colours ( bottom half of the colour wheel)